Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Santa Carvings


I have probably told you all this before..... Fifteen years ago I took Scandinavian flat palne carving classes at Fletcher Farms in Ludlow,Vt. It is a 57 year old artist school. Ludlow is a ski town but in the middle of it all is a great school that teaches all types of art. In the summer teachers from all over the country come to teach. My teacher Harley Refsal taught me the 200 year old art of Scandinavian carving. I learned on bass wood but I have devised my own method on clay. It is less labor intensive and I can still do what I love to to do even with arthritis.
I will be listing some on Ebay tonight.

2 comments:

TJ said...

Beautiful work. I think it's great that you haven't let your arthritis stop you from doing something you are soooo talented at and love.
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Wow Gloria! I did'nt know you carved! He's just Beautiful!
Hugs,
Candy