Saturday, February 14, 2009

Remembering an old friend on Valentine's Day

I think as we get older we begin to think about our childhood friends. It is something I have been thinking about for awhile now. So I decided to look up a dear old friend just to find that she passed away lasy Aug. 26th. Karla Phelps Hogan was only 54. As a young teen she was always fun to be with. We spent hours listening to 60's music, giggling and talking about boys. Karla always wanted to get married and have a nice husband and children. I was so pleased to find that she had a nice husband that adored her and 4 beautiful children. She was a marathon runner and won many awards. I remember she could run like the wind. Her family has made the most amazing tribute to her in her my space page. Don't put off looking up those old friends. Reach out to someone today.
Happy Valentine's Day.
Gloria

1 comment:

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Hi Gloria,

Yes, I so agree with you so much. It is important to stay in touch but sometimes very hard. I heard from a friend not to long ago and was so very happy to hear things where going well with her and her family. It is always a blessing for sure. Happy Valentine's day to you!

Cathy