Friday, February 22, 2008

Primitive Felted Bunny

Well, another snow storm in Vt. This is the craziest winter in years.

Yesterday I made one of my sweet little primitive needle felted bunnies. He was a special order for a lovely customer but it was a nice change to do some primitive needle felting. I devised a technique about a year ago where I needle felt over a muslin body that has been coffe and cinnamon stained. It is sparsely needle felted over the muslin body to look like an heirloom. I so love the effect. My primitive needle felted kits can be found on my website on the kit page. http://lowellcountrydesigns.com/kits.htm

Anyway I have been doing V-patterns (stands for video patterns) on http://www.primsisterstalkradio.com/. Each Monday Brenda does a fabulous job of putting together a fun show for everyone to view and listen to. In past weeks I have done segments on the traditional needle felting. After several requests I decided to this week's show on the Primitive needle felting. It is a ton of FUN!


The key to the sucess of these little gems is the wool stuffing. I wash and card the wool stuffing for the bodies. The wool stuffing is also included in my kits.
A carder has many comb and brushes the wool til it is soft and silky. It is then called a roving.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments: